How to Download Video Subtitle with VLC Media Player
Subtitle are transcript of movies, video files that are usually displayed in the screen (usually bottom of the screen) which can be the exact language as the video or a translation to another language to enable users of the language to go along with the video.
Closed Captions are used for the deaf or those with listening disabilities.
Subtitles comes in different format, They are as follow
.srt – SubRip text file
.ssa or .ass – Advanced Substation
.usf – Universal Subtitle Format
.idx – VobSub
.sub – MicroDVD or SubViewer
.aqt – AQTitle
.jss – JacoSub
.psb – PowerDivX
.rt – RealText
.smi – SAMI
.txt – MPEG 4 Timed Text
.stl – Spruce Subtitle Format
.pjs – Phoenix Subtitle
.gsub – Gloss Subtitle
The guide below will assist you to learn How to Download Video Subtitle with VLC Media Player:
1) Launch VLC Media Player with the Video you want to watch and download the subtitle.
2) Right Click on the VLC Media Player Window, Click on View, Click on Download Subtitles OR on the menu bar, Click on View and then select Download Subtitles.
3) A window VLSub will open.
4) The VLSub has Subtitle Language, Season(series), Episode(series).
5) The VLsub as the method of either search by Hash or Search by Name. You can use any of the method ( I prefer search by name).
6) After searching for the subtitle, Check the subtitle you want to download (Make sure the subtitle match with the characteristics of video you are willing to download, Most especially File Name with Format, 480p, 720p or 1080p etc.), then click on Download Selection.
7) The Subtitle file will be downloaded to the location of the Video. (it will success: Subtitles loaded), the subtitle will be loaded automatically.
Hope with this you have been able to learn how to Download Subtitle using VLC Media Player.
Please share and like below. Also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.