Aspect Ratio is an image attribute or characteristics that tells the dimension (relationship) between the width and height of an Image.
The Aspect ratio is mostly rectangular, but there are square based aspect ratio.
The Aspect ratio from its name entails that it is a ratio, which is in form of mathematical ratios, that is expressed by two numbers separated by a colon, for example 4:3.
Below are some popular aspect ratio and where they are used:
1:1: Square form
4:3(1.33:1): Traditional television screen or computer monitor standard
16:9(1.77:1): (HDTV) High definition Television, US digital broadcast TV standard, it is the most popular aspect ratio.
21:9: In use in theaters and cinemas.
16:10(1.6:1 or 8:5): Common Computer Screen ratio
1.85:1: Widescreen cinema standard especially in the US
21:9: in use in theaters and cinemas.
2.21:1: Used in cinemas
2.35:1: Widescreen cinema standard
2.39:1: For Cinema screen
5:4(1.25:1): Early television and large format computer formats
So let’s see how to change or set aspect ratio for the Bomi Player using the different methods listed below:
Using Keyboard shortcut
By default, the Aspect Ratio keyboard shortcut is not set in Bomi Player, so we are going to set it. Let’s begin:
1) Launch Bomi Player
2) Press P on your keyboard to go to Preferences OR Right click on the bomi screen, Click on Tools and then click on Preferences.
3) A window will open, named Preferences bomi.
4) On the left hand corner, check down, you will see Keyboard shortcut, Click on it and this interface will appear.
5. On the right pane, Expands Video pane and then expand the Aspect Ratio pane and then click on Select Next.
6. Select that and then Click on Shortcut 1.
7. The Modify shortcut window will open named bomi.
8. Hold down or press any key or a combination of keys you wish to use as the always on top shortcut, be careful not to press in use keyboard shortcuts (I chose Shift + F2).
9. Click on Ok on the modify shortcut window, then click on Apply and close the Bomi Player Preferences window.
10. Now you can continue using your selected keyboard shortcut to change the bomi player aspect ratio.
Shift + F2: Press Shift + F2 on the Keyboard and it will cycle through 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 1.85:1, 2.35:1 or Same as source.
Using Right Click
Right Click on the Bomi Player Window, Click on Video, click on aspect ratio and select either 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 1.85:1, 2.35:1 or Same as source.
Hope with this, you have been able to change the aspect ratio available on the Bomi Player.
Please Share and Comment below.